Pages

Monday 13 February 2012

Leighton House lino prints

I saw this done on one of my favourite blogs Mangle Prints, and thought it was a great idea to track the printing process through from the initial drawings through to the final print. In this case, I think I likes the painting on lino better than the final thing, so maybe more work next time with details.

The initial idea for the print came from the Leighton House drawings and another I did a couple of weeks earlier..

 


From initial drawings I transcribed to tracing paper, then straight onto the lino. From there I worked out the light and dark areas by painting onto the lino with white acrylic. This gives you more of an idea of how the final print will look - and finally carved the block.


    The final carved blocks, ready for printing..  



No comments:

Post a Comment