1) Get a printed copy of your menu from your caterer/ venue
2) Handwrite it out with pen and ink! (you can find these in most art shops..)
3) Scan in, and use photoshop to tidy, making sure to make two columns to allow for the central fold.
4) Use a background of the venue/ favourite places/ personalised designs as the background
5) Get printed onto some stiff, A4 textured card, fold, pop on your tables and bob's your uncle!!
Here are a few images showing how it developed and the final result! The menus in situ..